Highland Energy Supply Company Limited (HESCO) together with its affiliates and subsidiaries (‘HESCO’, ‘we’, ‘our’) is committed to protecting your privacy and meeting our legal obligations when visiting or contacting us through our website.
This privacy notice explains what personal data HESCO collects from individuals who visit our website, contact us using our web forms, by email or through one of our social channels; or subscribe for our newsletter or other marketing communications (‘you/your’). It also explains what information we collect automatically when you visit our website.
If you contact us in relation to heating services we are providing to your residence or business/place of work or in relation to a bill we have sent you, please refer to our Privacy Notice for End Users.
We update this privacy notice from time to time in response to changes in applicable laws and regulations, to our processing practices and to products and services we offer. When changes are made, we will update the ‘Last Updated’ date at the top of this page. Please review this privacy notice periodically to check for updates.
Personal data we collect
When you contact us using the web form on our website, a corporate email account (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) or through one of our social channels (including Facebook and LinkedIn) we collect the information you provide to us. This typically includes your name, email address, telephone number and company/employer’s name (where applicable) and any additional information you include in your message.
Cookies and social media links
Our website includes links to our social media channels. When you use one of these buttons or links you are visiting a third-party website (such as Facebook or LinkedIn) and this privacy notice will no longer apply. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for third-party websites and you should check their privacy notices before you submit any personal data to them.
How we use your personal data
We use the personal data you provide to us to respond to your enquiry and, if you have agreed to us doing so, we use it to subscribe you to our newsletter and contact you with research reports, insights and other HESCO news and information.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter and associated communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Basis for using your personal data
We use your personal data to communicate with you because it is in our legitimate interests to reply to enquiries made by individuals through our website, by email or through our social channels. Also, to send you our newsletter, research supports, insights and other HESCO news and information where you have consented to us doing so.
You can object to, or withdraw, your consent to HESCO for using your personal data in these ways. You can do so by unsubscribing using the link provided in our emails or by contacting us using the details given below.
Sharing your data
If you have contacted us in relation to heating services we are providing to your residence or business place of work or in relation to bill we have sent you, please refer to our Privacy Notice for End Users. This sets out how we share your data in those circumstances.
We also share your personal data with suppliers to our business who process data on our behalf. This includes, for example, cloud service providers. In such cases, our suppliers are data processors and may only use the data in line with our instructions and not for any other purpose.
It is possible that we may be required to share your data to comply with applicable laws or with valid legal processes, such as in response to a court order or with government or law enforcement agencies.
How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data for as long as it necessary for the purpose of our relationship or until you object to us processing it or withdraw your consent.
You have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- You have the right of access to your personal data and can request copies of it and information about our processing of
- If the personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can ask us to rectify or add to
- Where we are using your personal data with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any
- Where we are using your personal data because it is in our legitimate interests to do so, or for direct marketing, you can object to us using it this
- You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal data if:
- It is not
- It has been used unlawfully but you do not want us to delete
- We do not need it anymore, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims; or
- if you have already asked us to stop using your data but you are waiting to receive confirmation from us as to whether we can comply with your
- In some circumstances you can compel us to erase your personal data.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted using the information provided at: www.ico.org.uk How to contact us
You can contact HESCO in relation to data protection and this privacy notice by writing to:
The Managing Director
HESCO (Trading Name of Highland Energy Supply Company Limited)
20-23 Woodside Place
Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com